admin @ 01-13 00:59:24   全部文章   0/334

门派闯关【视频】听力素材隐喻的艺术-JC英语舌

【视频】听力素材隐喻的艺术-JC英语舌

隐喻的艺术Ted-听力素材点击欣赏精彩视频

听力文本
When we talk, sometimes we say things directly.
我们说话时,有时候会直接说
“I'm going to the store; I'll be back in five minutes.”
“我要去商店箱子岩 ,五分钟就回来爱在泉城。”
Other times though, we talk in a way that conjures up a small scene.
有时我们会换一种方式让人想象一个场景
“It's raining cats and dogs out,”we say, or “I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.”
我们会说“真是倾盆大雨啊”(直译:下猫下狗),或“我在等另一只鞋扔下来”(提心吊胆地等待最后结果)
Metaphors are a way by describing something else.
隐喻就是通过 描述别的东西来谈论一个事物。
That may seem roundabout, but it's not.
听起来像是绕圈子,但实际上不是。
Seeing and hearing and tasting are how we know anything first.
最初,我们通过看、听、尝来了解事物。
The philosopher William James described the world of newborn infants as a“buzzing and blooming confusion.”
哲学家威廉·詹姆斯把新生儿的世界描述为:“嗡嗡作响的盛开的困惑”。
Abstract ideas are pale things.
抽象概念同最初的蜜蜂和花相比十分苍白。
Metaphors think with the imagination and the senses. The hot chili peppers in them explode in the mouth and the mind. They're also precise.
隐喻同想象和感觉相联系。隐喻像辣椒点燃了嘴巴和思想,它们还十分精确郝莲露。
We don't really stop to think about a raindrop the size of an actual cat or dog, but as soon as I do.
我们不会停下来思考猫狗大小的雨滴,提心吊胆等待最后结果。

I realize that I'm quite certain the dog has to be a small one – a cocker spaniel, or a dachshund黑暗魔法书 ,林正宏 and not a golden Lab or Newfoundland.
自己明确知道狗一定很小——可卡犬、腊肠,一定不会是拉布拉多或者纽芬兰犬,大概是小猎犬那么大。
A metaphor isn't true or untrue in any ordinary sense. Metaphors are art, not science, but they can still feel right or wrong.
比喻不分真假。比喻是艺术不是科学,但仍能分出对错。
A metaphor that isn't good leaves you confused.
不好的隐喻让你困惑。
You know what it means to feel like a square wheel, but not what it's like to be tired as a whale.
你知道“觉得自己像是一个方形轮”是什么意思,但不会明白“像蓝鲸一样累”。
There's a paradox to metaphors.
隐喻有一个悖论。
They almost always say things that aren't true. If you say, "there's an elephant in the room,”there isn't an actual one, looking for the peanut dish on the table.
他们总是用一些不真实的例子。如果你说:"屋里有头大象。"(显而易见又被忽略的事实) 实际当然没有,看看桌上的花生就知道了。

Metaphors get under your skin by ghosting right past the logical mind.
隐喻从你的皮肤下连接逻辑思维。
Plus, we're used to thinking in images.
另外阿福聊斋 ,我们习惯了形象思维飞票网 。
Every night we dream impossible things.
每天晚上都梦到不可能发生的事。
And when we wake up, that way of thinking's still in us.
当我们醒来时,这种思维模式仍然存在喜多川 。
We take off our dream shoes鲁伟鼎 , and button ourselves into our lives.
我们离开梦境,一键进入现实生活。
Some metaphors include the words “like”or“as". "Sweet as honey”, “strong as a tree”. Those are called similes.
有些比喻里有“像”“同”这样的字,“像蜂蜜一样甜”“同树一样健壮”。这些是明喻精武堂 。
A simile is a metaphor that admits it's making a comparison.
明喻运用了比较。
Similes tend to make you think.
明喻让你思考。
Metaphors let you feel things directly.
隐喻让你直接感受事物。
Take Shakespeare's famous metaphor, “All the world's a stage.”
拿莎士比亚最著名的比喻来举例:“世界是一个舞台。”
“The world is like a stage” just seems thinner, and more boring.
“世界像一个舞台。”就没有这么有力量还很无趣。
Metaphors can also live in verbs.
动词中也存在隐喻。
Emily Dickinson begins a poem, “I saw no way -- the heavens were stitched – and we know instantly.
艾米莉·狄金森的诗以“我看不到路,天空已被缝合”开头,我们马上就能明白。
What it would feel like if the sky were a fabric sewn shut.
天空变成一块织物是什么感觉。
They can live in adjectives, too.
隐喻也可以用在形容词上。
“Still waters run deep,”we say of someone quiet and thoughtful.
“静水流深”用来指表面不声不响的人却蕴含着大的智慧。
And the deep matters as much as the stillness and the water do.
像水流一样平静,深度和平静都十分重要。
One of the clearest places to find gong metaphors is in poems.
诗歌是最容易出现隐喻的地方。
Take this haiku by the 18th-century Japanese poet lssa.
以18世纪日本诗人小林一茶的俳句为例。
“On a branch floating downriver, a cricket singing.”
“树枝书流而下,蟋蟀在上面歌唱。”
The first way to meet a metaphor is just to see the world through its eyes; an insect sings from a branch passing by in the middle of the river.
发现隐喻的第一种方法就是通过世界本身的眼睛看世界k1619 ,树枝在河中央顺流而下,一只昆虫在上面歌唱。
Even as you see that though,门派闯关 some part of you recognizes in the image, a small portrait of what it's like to live in this world of change and time, our human fate is to vanish, as surely as that small cricket will, and still, we do what it does. We live, we sing.
即使你看到,部分的你认出画面描绘了,生活在由变化和时间构成的世界上是什么感觉,人终有一死,蟋蟀也一样,即便如此,我们依旧活着,歌唱。
Sometimes a poem takes a metaphor and extends it, building on one idea in many ways.
有时,诗歌里有一个隐喻并把它扩展昊凯 ,用不同的方法描绘一个构思。
Here's the beginning of Langston Hughes’famous poem "Mother to Son, Well, son, I'll tell you. Life for me aren't been no crystal stair. It's had tacks in it, and splinters, and boards torn up北邮世纪学院, and places with no carpet on the floor.”
这是兰斯顿·修斯最著名的诗《母亲致儿子》的开头“噢,儿子,我来告诉你:我的人生没有水晶般的阶梯。那上面有钉着钉子,有碎片,木板也是裂开的,地面没铺地毯——光秃秃的。”

Langston Hughes is making a metaphor that compares a hard life to a wrecked house you still have to live in.
兰斯顿·修斯将艰难的生活同不得已居住在年久失修的房子相比。
Those splinters and tacks feel real, they hurt your own feet and your own heart, but the mother is describing her life here, not her actual house.
这些碎片和钉子十分真实,它们会划伤你的脚掌和内心,但母亲是在描述自己的生活,而不是房子。
And hunger, and cold, exhausting work and poverty are what's also inside those splinters.
饥饿,寒冷令人疲惫的工作,以及贫穷也在碎片之中。
Metaphors aren't always about our human lives and feelings.
隐喻并不总是同人类生活和感情相关。
The Chicago poet Carl Sandburg wrote, “The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over harbor and city on silent haunches, and then moves on.”
芝加哥诗人卡尔·桑德堡写道:“雾来了,轻轻地,踏着小猫的脚步。静静地,它坐下观看,观看城市和港口,然后再重新上路。”
The comparison here is simple.
这样的比喻十分简单。
Fog being described as a cat.
雾被形容成小猫。

But good metaphor isn't a puzzle, or a way to convey hidden meanings, it's a way to let you feel and know something differently.
好的隐喻不是猜谜,不是用来传达隐藏的含义,而是让你从不同角度感受了解事物。
No one who's heard this poem forgets it.
听过这首诗的人都不会忘。
You see fog, and there's a small grey cat nearby.
你看见大雾,附近伴随着一只灰色小猫。
Metaphors give words a way to go beyond their own meaning.
隐喻让词语超越它们本来的意思。
They're handles on the door of what we can know, and of what we can imagine.
它们是门上的把手,门则是我们可以了解、想象的。
Each door leads to some new house, and some new world that only that one handle can open.
每扇门通向新的房子,新的世界只有一个把手可以打开。
What's amazing is this: by making a handle, you can make a world.
最令人称奇的是这个:你可以通过造一个手把来制造一个世界。往期精彩回顾
温馨提示
如有错过往期精彩内容的小伙伴们,请点击“历史消息”查阅哦!

返回顶部